Anything and everything you like! This phone call is to help you learn about the pet and for their private owner to learn about you. This conversation will help you both decide if the pet may be a good fit for your home and lifestyle, and whether or not both parties want to take the next step of scheduling a Meet & Greet. Not sure what to ask the private owner about their pet? Here are some sample questions to get you started for pet named Bella:
- How long have you had Bella?
- Does Bella have any health issues?
- When was Bella last seen by a veterinarian?
- How does Bella act when meeting new people?
- Does Bella have any behavior issues that you're aware of?
- How does Bella act when meeting and/or interacting with children?
- How does Bella respond when she sees (and/or meets) other dogs/cats?
- Where does Bella sleep at night?
- What kind of exercise does Bella enjoy?
- What type of food and/or treats does Bella eat?
- Does Bella like to play with toys? If so, what kind?
- For dogs who will have access to a yard: How tall is your fence and can Bella jump over it?
- Has Bella ever escaped from your home or yard? If yes, how?
If you (and the private owner) feel the phone call went well and you’d like to take the next step, it’s time to schedule a Meet & Greet! Check out our important tips for a safe Meet & Greet!