Argh, we know this can be frustrating…here are some tips and tricks to try when your application won’t submit! This is specifically for potential adopters trying to apply for a pet listed by a private owner on Adopt a Pet.
- Do not use “autofill” - type out your email, phone, and address.
- Make sure there are no blank spaces before or after your email and phone.
- Confirm you have entered a valid email address.
- Try using a different browser, such as Google Chrome.
- If you’ve been attempting to apply through your mobile device, try applying from a laptop or desktop computer if possible.
- If you see a "city validation error" try entering another city that is right next to yours. You can notate your exact city in the text area of the application.
Pro Tip: Our location verifier is through Google so you can go to Google Maps and enter your ZIP code to see what location pops up. If it’s not an exact match there, it tends to reject the city on Adopt a Pet. We’re working on a fix, but in the meantime, please use the workaround from Tip #6. Thank you for your understanding!