The next step is, you guessed it….waiting!
We know, this can be so hard when you’re excited to adopt! Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Once your application is complete, it is automatically sent to the private owner for their review.
- The average response time from private owners on adoption applications is 7-10 days, and sometimes longer when the same pet has received a large number of good applicants.
- We ask that private owners reply to you promptly, and most do within a few days, however please allow a full 14 days for a response.
- At Rehome, we do not have information on the status of applications during the private owner’s review process. We will, however, notify you via email from Rehome if the owner decides to move forward with another applicant, if the pet is adopted, or otherwise removed from Adopt a Pet.
- While you’re awaiting a response, you’re welcome to apply for other pets on Adopt a Pet and/or visit your local shelters to meet pets available for adoption.
If the private owner would like to move forward, the next step is a phone call!
Yes, a good old-fashioned phone call. :) While they may connect with you first over email or text, a phone call (facetime or zoom) needs to take place. For tips on what to ask during your phone call with a private owner, click here!